08 November 2011

How do you write a comeback post?

This blog has been quiet for a while but that doesn't mean I haven't been reading. In fact, I read about 10 books since my last post.

A Match Made In Heaven by Kristin Walker
Saving Juliet by Suzanne Selfors
Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway
Heartless by Gail Carriger
Little Blog on the Prairie by Cathleen Davitt Bell
Decoded by Jay-Z
Spousonomics by Paula Szuchman
The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister
Courting Trouble by Deanne Gist
Deep in the Heart of Trouble by Deanne Gist



Part of what has kept me from posting is the growing feeling that I don't know how to write a proper book review. The more I read other blogs, the more my efforts looked weak in comparison. Also, I've been reading a lot of books with straightforward plots that don't lend themselves to dissection or lengthy discussion. Because of this, I've decided to embrace the fact that I am not a journalist. From now on, my posts about the books I read will be more about how I related to them personally and other subjects they make me think of. If that makes you want to read the book, that's great. If not, I hope that at least my posts will be entertaining.

1 comment:

ArchivedProfile said...

I was the same way. I found that it was taking longer and longer for me to write a review because I didn't think mine were 'good enough'. And then I had a moment like you and said to myself, I'm doing the best I can do and that IS good enough! Glad you're back!