30 April 2011

"Blameless" by Gail Carriger

Blameless (The Parasol Protectorate, #3)Blameless by Gail Carriger

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Genre: steampunk, supernatural, romance
On my TBR list?: No

Book 3 of The Parasol Protectorate series

This is a tough review for me to write because this installment of the Parasol Proctectorate series is the conclusion of a major cliffhanger at the end of Book 2. I don't want to describe too much of the plot lest a new reader stumble upon this post before reading the other books. Ultimately, I am not a skilled enough writer to review this book without including spoilers. So this will end up being another of my "Uh, it was a good book" non-reviews.

For those of you who read Changeless and almost threw it across the room at the end, I think Blameless will calm you down. It resolves the cliffhanger satisfactorily, as well as rounding out the team that assists Alexia. Carriger's prose is as witty as ever, but she has included a bit more action this time as well as other elements and mysteries to be explored in future novels (I found the change in Ivy particularly intriguing). Whereas Soulless felt more like a standalone novel, Blameless is the book that truly sets up the series and the idea of a "parasol protectorate".

My recommendation is to have this book in hand before you start reading Changeless. You're gonna need it!

No comments: