29 October 2009

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris

Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris

Genre: fiction, supernatural, vampires
On my TBR list?: yes

Book #2 of the Southern Vampire Mysteries

This is the second book in a series, so if you read the first book you already know whether you like these characters. Here are few things that I like particularly about this installment:

--Harris makes sure to show that there are good and bad supernatural creatures, just as there are good and bad humans.

--Sometimes an author repeats big chunks of the previous books in order to bring a first-time reader up to speed. This can be annoying for the hardcore fans. Luckily, Harris keeps the explanation in this book to a minimum.

--The sex in the book is in plain language but not overly graphic. I would put it between PG-13 and R.

I can see why these books are being adapted for TV; each book is like watching a TV movie. I can't wait to pick up the next one!

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

Beth F said...

So glad you are enjoying the series. I am having so much fun with the books.