30 September 2009

Taking on B90X

My small group (what some churches call neighborhood Bible study groups) is taking on the challenge of reading the entire Bible in 90 days. The church our group is affiliated with has a young hip congregation so they have renamed the challenge B90X. Like a crazy person, I decided to join the rest of the group and try it.

Why is this crazy? Well, I'm supposed to be starting a new job tomorrow so I won't have as much time to complete the challenges I've already set for myself. Why on earth would I take on another one? I guess it's because I am a Christian who has strayed somewhat from many of the trappings of my faith. I don't go to church and I don't listen to gospel music. I rarely watch sermons on TV. The only time I devote to God these days is a quick prayer at night and my weekly small group meeting. I want to jump-start my spiritual life, and this might be the way.

No comments: