04 November 2007

On Hiatus

I started this blog with the best of intentions. I wanted to break away from spending so much time in front of my screens (TV and computer). The idea was that reading more would sharpen my mind and help improve my writing.

When it got down to doing the actual reading, I wasn't up for it. Finishing a book takes a lot longer for me that it once did. I started feeling guilty about not being able to post to this blog on a regular basis because it was taking me so long to actually read the books. It was unrealistic of me to think that I would be able to update this blog plus two other blogs regularly, especially since I would have to watch TV AND play games AND read books to have something to write about.

On top of all that, I am starting a new job tomorrow. I started this blog when I was unemployed and thought that I would have extra time to read and write. Now that I am going back into the working world (which is a good thing 'cause we need the money), my time will once again be limited. Rather than beat myself up over all the things I think I should be doing, I am going to be realistic and eliminate the things that I am not going to get around to doing.

What does that mean for this blog? Well, I don't want to delete it because I do go through spurts where I read a lot. This blog will be here waiting for me when I want to express my thoughts on what I've read. So if there is anyone out there who has subscribed to the RSS feed for this blog, just stay subscribed. It doesn't cost you anything and it doesn't take up any extra space in your reader. Who knows -- if the TV writers decide to strike tomorrow, this blog may start to see some activity when all my favorite shows go into reruns :-).

No comments: