21 February 2021

Thirsty Mermaids by Kat Leyh

Thirsty MermaidsThirsty Mermaids by Kat Leyh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I picked up this graphic novel as an ARC from Netgalley before the 09 Feb 2021 release date, but I forget to publish my feedback until now. Oops!

This is a story about three mermaids who cast a spell to masquerade as humans in a seaside tourist town because they want to get some wine, but then they don't know how to break the spell. They try to figure out how to live like humans while researching a solution.

The art style was not to my taste, but I stuck with it for the story. This was a tale of acceptance and forming your own tribe outside your family of origin. Each mermaid found a way to use their particular strength to help their triad. I would be tempted to recommend it to some teens I know if their mothers wouldn't be mad at me for giving them a book with drinking in it.

View all my reviews

No comments: