01 January 2019

Looking back and pushing forward in 2019

According to the Goodreads Reading Challenge, I read 175 books in 2018. Unfortunately, I only reviewed one (!) for this blog. Part of my lack of posting was down to life getting in the way (school, work, etc.) but I also struggle with the form my desire to talk about the books I read should take. What I crave most is interaction with other people about books, but where will that happen? People don't seem to comment on blogs these days, the comment section of YouTube can be a cesspool, and Facebook doesn't seem to be the place for book reviews. What's a bookish gal to do? While I'm trying to figure it all out, I am going to give writing reviews on this blog another shot, starting with the backlog of books I didn't review for 2018. If I get back into making videos, I will post links to those here, as well.

As for what I actually read in 2018, it seemed to be the Year of the Paranormal Romance for me. I discovered shifter romances and rediscovered my love of time travel romances. My time travel obsession doesn't seem to be slowing down; I spent most of today (New Year's Day 2019) reading a time travel romance about Scottish clans in the 1600s. Since these books tend to follow a certain formula, I will probably review each series as a whole rather than each individual book. So watch this space!

No comments: