24 March 2013

Sunday Salon: Ever have a story hangover?

Many times when I pick up a novel, I am in the mood for a certain type of story. Last week, I was craving my old standby, what I call the prairie romance. Lauraine Snelling has written some of my favorite books in the genre, so I picked up one of her books that I hadn't read yet from the library. I finished it in no time flat, but the next book in the series isn't available. Even though I know that the library will send me an email when it is available, I've found myself picking up my iPad at odd times of the day as if I am still reading my book and I have another chapter left. I really want to immerse myself in Prairie Romance Land but I don't have a book on the go. This type of thing has happened to me before. Usually I have another book in the genre that I can turn to, but occasionally the book is so particular that another book won't satisfy. That was the case when I finished reading the Harry Potter series. This "story hangover" isn't as severe, but I still wish I had another Snelling book in my hand.

QUESTION: Which book or series gave you the worst story hangover?

CURRENTLY READING: ABM and I are still on our healthy living kick. We started back in September, so this is no New Year's resolution fling. It looks like we are in it for the long haul this time. To keep me motivated, I picked up a book called Younger Next Year for Women by Chris Crowley and Dr. Henry S. Lodge. There are women who don't like the language in this book, but I am finding it encouraging. If my algebra homework doesn't get in the way, I may be able to write a post about it this week.

UP NEXT: In physical book form, I have Where'd You Go, Bernadette along with some diet and exercise books. However, I will probably end up scouring my library's e-book site for another book to satisfying my craving for a prairie romance. They are like popcorn!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm. That's an interesting thought. I don't think I've ever had a book hangover. I guess I just switch genres of I expect to feel after-affects from a certain book. :)

My Sunday Salon