10 June 2012

Sunday Salon: Time to be a good neighbor

For the past few weeks I've been struggling to find topics for my Sunday Salon posts. As I sat down at the computer today, it occurred to me that part of my problem is that I am out of touch with the book blogger community. I haven't been reading other blogs or listening to book review podcasts. Other than 50 Shades of Grey, I couldn't tell you what titles are making the rounds right now. Since the next few weeks are going to be spent winding up my current job and preparing for my son's surgery, it is probably a good time for me to do more reading than writing. Reading books and visiting other blogs is what feeds a blogger so she can create her own content, right?

QUESTION: How do you balance staying active in the book blogging community with actually reading books and writing for your own blog?

FINISHED:  In the past two weeks I've read A Reliable Wife and Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half with America's Cheapest Family. I've also flipped through Incredible Edibles. That's two non-fiction books to one fiction. Time for another novel!

CURRENTLY READING: Royal Flush by Rhys Bowen. It is another installment in the Royal Spyness mystery series. I got halfway through the 300-odd pages in an afternoon, which should tell you that it is a quick read. After the darkness of my last novel, I needed this to shine some light in my brain.

UPCOMING: My daughter C1 read a book last week entitled Pink. The heroine of this novel irritated her so much that I want to read it so that I can discuss it with her. After that, I may try just going where the book blogosphere leads me.


3 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I like the idea of discussing books with your daughter.

I know that when a character irritates me, it's nice to be able to have a conversation about it.

Thanks for sharing...and here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

Nose in a book said...

The time balancing thing can be really hard. Between a full-time job, housework and having a partner I want to spend time with every evening, there's not that much time or energy left to share between reading books, reading blogs and updating my own website. But I think the key is that it's all stuff I want to be doing and enjoy. As soon as any of those things feels like a chore I take some time out.

Dani In NC said...

I get exactly what you are saying. All these activities are ones that I want to participate in, but they all take so much time! There are only so many hours available between the time I get off work and the time I go to bed. I have to live life before I can blog about it, but I often don't have time to write once the living is done.