06 May 2012

Sunday Salon: Took a Reading Detour

You would think that I don't know my own reading habits. I told myself that I was going to read Dash & Lily's Book of Dares as soon as I finished with Fifty Shades Darker. I'm sure that those of you who have been reading this blog for a while knew that wasn't going to happen. As I've noted on this blog several times before, I tend to read books in threes. It can be three books in the same genre, three books by the same author, or three books in the same series. Did I really think that I wasn't going to read the third book right after finishing the second one, especially when I have it at hand?  Silly me!

Besides reading Fifty Shades Freed, I am working my way through David Pogue's book iPhone: The Missing Manual. I got an iPhone 4S for my birthday back in January and was disappointed to find that there was no instruction manual. This trend of packaging electronics with a simple slip of paper that directs you to an online help database does not sit well with me. Part of the fun of getting a new gadget for me is poring over the manual and learning about all the functions. Some people, like my husband, prefer to randomly press buttons until they figure everything out but that doesn't work for me. Within the first 20 pages of Pogue's book, I learned three things about my iPhone that I didn't figure out in the last three months of poking around.

In last week's Sunday Salon post, I mentioned that spring puts me in a crafty mood. To that end, I checked out a book on string art from the library. My house doesn't exactly have a groovy 1970s aesthetic, yet I am obsessed with trying my hand at creating some string art wall hangings for the den. Thank goodness for a public library that holds on to a few retro and kitschy gems!


No comments: