22 August 2010

Sunday Salon: Yes, I Can Haz Books!

(Yes, I know this post's title is lame, but it seemed to fit.)

Remember my post about not being able to go to the library for a while? Well, after I wallowed is self-pity for a few days over my book-less existence, my lovely husband reminded that we have other members of the family with library cards and that we can check out books on the other cards. Whew! So we went to the library on Friday to pick up my requested books that the librarian kindly held for us. Once we got in there, ABM mentioned to the head librarian that none of the kids remember there being a booklet in the CD case. To my surprise, she immediately offered to remove the $50 fine and marked the CD case. She said that she knows we are responsible with our library materials so if we say it wasn't in there, then it wasn't. I guess it pays to go to the same library branch every week for several years!

UPCOMING READS: I have two pioneer romances, a YA zombie romance, a Brit chick lit novel, a YA drama geek novel, and a celebrity cookbook. Whatever will I read first?

2 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Yippee! It's so nice when people behave with compassion. Especially in public places like libraries.

I have been suffering the absence of a library since April. Our library closed because of damage from the hurricane and then had a fire. It won't reopen until after Christmas.

Lisa said...

Yay! When you posted the first time I was worried for you!