12 January 2010

"Dead to the World" by Charlaine Harris

Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4)Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris

Genre: vampire fiction
On my TBR list?: Yes

Book 4 of an ongoing series (

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This fourth book in the Sookie Stackhouse series picks up shortly after the events in Living Dead in Dallas. Sookie is introduced to even more supernatural beings that she thought were part of late-night movies up until now. Bill, the vampire who introduced Sookie to all of this, doesn't figure prominently in this book. There was so much going on, however, that I didn't really miss him.

I like the way Harris continues to branch out and show that there is more to the underworld of Sookie's community than we saw in the first book. The author shows us the qualms that Sookie has about some of the tasks she has to perform, as well; she doesn't just get used to all the crazy situations she gets thrown into. I don't think that a fan of the first three books will be disappointed.

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.