26 June 2009

Babymouse: The Musical

Babymouse: The Musical Babymouse: The Musical by Jennifer L. Holm


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars


In this particular book, Babymouse tries out for the musical that her elementary school is staging. She is competing with her long-time nemesis Felicia Furrypaws for the lead role. Will she get it?

You can tell that the author is familiar with musicals. I caught references to at least 10 musicals including "Grease" and "Phantom of the Opera". My kids didn't catch that many, but they laughed out loud at the ones they did understand.

The Babymouse series of graphic novels is a favorite in my house. At first glance, you would think that these books are aimed at 2nd-3rd graders. However, I think the jokes would go over better with middle schoolers. If you have a 12-year-old girl in your life, you might want to add a little fun to her reading list with these books.

View all my reviews.

No comments: