28 March 2009

Caught in the TV vortex

I think about this blog at least once a week, but that doesn't get it updated, does it? There's no excuse, at least not a good one. I've been listening to podcasts instead of audiobooks at work, and watching TV with my hubby instead of reading at home. Even when I do read a book, I don't feel that I have the time to write an intelligent review. Anyway, here is the current status of my reading life:

--Don't despair, dear friends: I am reading a little. I finished Atonement and I'm still working on the 1001 Books list with my Bible study friend. It was my turn to pick the next book. While I was tempted to pick something totally outside of our usual genre selections like Neuromancer or A Clockwork Orange, I ended up picking a family saga: A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth. Someone commented on Goodreads that it is like Bollywood on paper, so I thought that would be perfect. We should be starting it next week.

--While I'm waiting for the library to get that book, I have another Lori Wick book on hand, Promise Me Tomorrow. I know I said I was done with the pioneer romances, but I found a couple in her bibliography that I missed. This one isn't drawing me in as quickly as her books usually do, though, so maybe I really am over my obsession.

--I have been toying with the idea of using Utterli to post short audio clips with my impressions of the books I read. It can be done from my phone, which means I can handle it during my lunch break or when I'm waiting for my husband to pick me up from work.

No comments: