10 October 2008

Friday Finds: Help Me!

My Friday Find isn't just a specific title; it is a category. Have you ever read a novel where food is a big part of the plot and the author includes a few of her recipes in the book? I've read several of those. They are nothing new to me. What is new to me are young adult novel series that are centered around knitting or fashion and they have patterns in the book. How cool! Two of my daughters knit so this would be perfect for them.

Chicks with Sticks (It's a Purl Thing) is the one that I ran across today. The series sounds like a Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants-type group of girls except it is about a teenage knitting group.

This is where I ask for your help. Have any of you heard of other books like this? I remember seeing a book about girls who design their own clothes that had patterns in it, but I forgot the title before I could check it out from the library. I would love to check out any books written in this style to see if I can recommend them to my girls.

No comments: